Friday, January 23, 2009

masks

So I'm havin a cool day off. laided down after having fun and stared at a piece of wood. Then I made coffee and decided to look up "eye symbols" on google and found this page http://www.crystalinks.com/eye.html and I'm like "Oh, another one of these pages" but then I decided that I should listen to it and see what it has to say and i realize that it's actually more than interesting, it's applicable. I wonder why I have these skeptical reactions so immediately. Even if the information shouldn't be trusted, it's an entertaining game which can be fun. 
I manage to overcome these obstastacles of habitual snobbery and my thoughts begin making really interesting associations. I really enjoy it when I make interesting associations. 
The grey alien head is fucking creepy.
It makes me uncomfortable.
But it's not like the uncomfort I feel when looking at images of violence, it's seemingly innocent. 
I've come to the conclusion that this is like a modern day shamanic mask. I think the idea of the alien head is to evoke something spiritual, and I think this mask is supposed to evoke the things this website talks about kinda fluidly:
"You are moving into a higher frequency that enables you to expand your consciousness and see reality on many levels and dimensions. This can be a quantum leap in perception and can be life changing as you discard patterns that no longer work in higher frequency"

How cool. It's like, I wouldn't hang an alien mask in my house because it would make me feel uncomfortable, but such a mask would be influencial during some sort of intense adventure. I think that's how masks from tribal cultures were probably percieved. I have a high respect for some aspects of  tribal cultures. I also have some problems with them, but the masks seem kinda cooler to me now. 

No comments: